Training programme on Promotion of Occupational Safety, Health and Welfare in Construction Industry from February 26- March 02, 2018 at VVGNLI Campus, NOIDA
To develop an understanding of the need for safety, health and welfare for construction workers.
· To sensitize the participants on the various international labour standards/instruments as well
as good practices in the area of occupational safety, health and welfare of the construction
· To develop insight on the existing national polices and legal instruments in the area of
occupational safety, health and welfare of the construction workers. .
· Provide an overview of the Building and other Construction Workers (RE&CS) Act, 1996
· Develop an understanding with regard to the formalities for availing various benefits under
BOCW (RE&CS) Act.
· To discuss
Discuss problems with regard to safety, health and welfare of construction workers, understand
various occupational safety and health hazards of workers in the Building and Construction Industry,
overview of the Building and other Construction Workers (RE&CS) Act, 1996; overview of the Building
and other Construction Workers’ Welfare Cess Act, 1996, overview of various schemes being run by
the Building and Construction Workers Welfare Board.
Lectures, group exercises and sharing case studies
Labour Enforcement Officials, Factory Inspectors, Central Trade Union Leaders and Representatives
from Employer’s Association from Construction Industry
1. Participants should be above 18 years and below 50 years of age;
2. Should be personally engaged at grass root level activities for at least past two years;
3. Should be fluent in either Hindi or English.
1. Please note that those who have attended Institute’s programme earlier are not to be
nominated. If so, they shall be immediately sent back and no travel allowance will be
2. Spouse and family members are not allowed to stay in the Institute’s hostel.
3. Participants are requested to book their return ticket in advance from their own place.
4. Under no-circumstance other than IInd class sleeper train fare will be entertained.
From 26-02-2018 to 02-03-2018
Domestic Training Programmes
V.V.Giri National Labour Institute, Sector-24, NOIDA- 20l301, Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar Uttar Pradesh The Institute campus is situated near Prakash Hospital and NTPC Office. The distance of the campus from New Delhi Railway Station. is 20 Kms. Delhi Metro,
Training programme on Promotion of Occupational Safety, Health and Welfare in
Construction Industry from February 26- March 02, 2018 at VVGNLI Campus, NOIDA